Mersin Light Rail System
Tendered by Mersin Metropolitan Municipality, Mezitli – Gar light rail system is 20 km long and includes 15 stations. In 2023, it is estimated that the line will carry 262.000 passengers daily.
Entire design services of the metro line were delivered with BIM technology. Prota’s Mersin Metro project was also nominated to the final stage of Autodesk’s AEC Excellence Awards 2020 from a field of 260 entries spanning 35 countries in “Infrastructure” category.
Mersin metro project is the largest urban transport venture of Mersin, which is one of the fast-growing metropolitan cities of Turkey.
Within the scope of the project, Prota’s services include;
- Track-way Alignment Engineering and Railway Design
- Architectural and Finishing Works Design
- Structural, Geotechnical and Tunnel Design
- Electrical and Electromechanical System Design
- Mechanical Engineering Design
- Fire Safety Engineering and Control System Design
- Acoustic and Vibration Design
- Traffic Plan and Landscape Design
- Preparation of Cost Estimates, Bills of Quantities and Tender Documents